Mommy Blogger Tanelle Lindquist shows how to make fresh, healthy baby food in your own kitchen.
1. STAGE ONE: Making your own baby food purees (ages 6 months - 9/10 months).
Great food to puree: (most of these you will steam first until soft, then blend to pureed consistency (add water from steamer as needed).
- sweet potatoes
- green beans
2. STAGE TWO: Adding texture (9 months - 12 months).
Stage two you don't have to puree the food as much. Simply boil (if necessary) and soften with a fork to consistency desired.
Good foods to mash with a fork...
3. STAGE THREE: Before you know it they are eating the food off your plate! :)
***Things you will need to make your own baby food:
- blender (invest well)!
- Silicone Freezer Tray (to freeze baby food).
- puree book (optional) really there's nothing to it. (Boil, blend, add water from steamer as needed, freeze, thaw, serve)!
***Fun Facts about making your own baby food:
- money saver (lasts up to 3 months in your freezer!
- allows children to know the "true" taste of food
- makes transitioning to "real" food much easier.
To get more advice from Tanelle's blog go to: http://www.allthingskidsslc.com