LAYTON, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A house in Layton is completely destroyed by fire and investigators say the fire was not an accident.
While investigators try to figure out what started this fire, neighbors say this wasn't the first time somebody tried to start a fire. This was the third try.
Orlinda Sanchez lives across the street from the home, she told ABC4, "I looked cross the street and I seen smoke coming from the back of the house."
When she smelled smoke last night, she called 911.
This same neighbor already stopped another attempt to burn down the house.
Sanchez told ABC4 about the last incident, "I came out one night to have a cigarette and there was a fire right under the bedroom window."
The big question now, who and how. The house has been vacant for quite some time, but the man renting the back shed may hold some answers.
He was just arrested for failing to register as a sex offender. While he hasn't been a problem for his neighbors, they say they knew his history and believe this may be the connection.
ABC4 spoke to this man's mother, she said the fire may have something to do with a failed relationship. Not the fact her son is a Registered Sex Offender.
The city had been working with the home's owner to demolish the house because of it's poor condition.